The aim of the Parent Fourm is to enhance communication between parents/carers and the school. The forum will always be attended by the headteacher, and all members of the school community are invited. People are encouraged to put forward items for the agenda prior to the meeting. The first half of the meeting is an open agenda, and the second half will have a SEND focus. Some Forums will have representatives from external agencies, such as the Additional Needs Team and Health.
Our Parent Forum is:
· A working group consisting of parents and the Headteacher.
· A time for parents to come together to share ideas, and put their views forward to the Leadership Team.
· A group of parents / carers to support the school and Headteacher in developing strong home/school partnerships
· A group of parents / carers to support the school in its development and improvement, and in understanding and making links with the wider community
· A way to capture the unique and varied skills, interests, knowledge and experience that our parents can offer school
· An opportunity to give parents a voice and increase their active involvement in decision making, fostering a culture of ownership and participation
· Specific time to develop our partnership between school and our parents/careers in order to support and promote children’s learning.
· An advisory role and a consultative role between parents to the governing body.
· An opportunity to share the positive work of the school
· A solution focused group.
· A place for the school to learn more about its parents and parents to learn more about the school.
· A group that is clear about its purpose and decides its agenda in partnership.
Our Parents’ Forum is not:
· A decision-making body. It is involved in discussions, consultations and coming up with recommendations. But it is the governing body that make the decisions and decide the strategic way forward for a school.
· The channel for individual issues or concerns. Concerns or complaints involving individual children, families or staff will not be discussed. These should follow normal school procedures. This does not stop parents giving their views on topics being discussed
· A replacement for the governing body or PTA.
· A group that will become involved in staffing of financial issues
How can I make my views known?
1. All parents can suggest agenda items or request that their comments are raised during the meeting by the week before the meeting.
2. Approved minutes will be put on the school website